Victoria joined Kent HR as a consultant in the employment and HR team in October 2023, having previously worked as a HR generalist for over 20 years.
Victoria has extensive generalist HR experience across multiple sectors within the private, public and third sectors, working in unionised and non-unionised environments. More recently Victoria spent 12 years at the large national charity RBLI at a senior level, gaining expertise in the manufacturing, healthcare, welfare at work, employment and corporate sectors of the diverse charity.
Victoria has also gained experience within various industries including; law, banking, contract cleaning and the NHS and has spent the last 12 months as Interim Human Resources Business Partner. Her high level of operational understanding gives her the ability to identify practical HR activities to support organisational growth across the full employee lifecycle from recruitment and onboarding through to succession planning and exit.
Victoria has previously been described as having a pragmatic, compassionate and people first approach.
Victoria has provided various types of HR support to organisations involving:
- Partnering with senior leaders to identify key drivers and people strategies. Translating business drivers into effective people processes that require effective consultation through to the implementation of change.
- Led varying scales of change programmes from small team initiatives to wider organisational collective consultations.
- Providing competent focused advice and guidance to management in all people matters.
- Report to the SLT (senior leadership team) on HR matters, identification of potential ER risks, discuss and agree planning issues against KPI’s.
- Assess organisational needs and interventions required to mitigate and reduce risk and enhance performance, taking a strategic view alongside consideration to the investment and resource required to implementation; workforce planning, L&D initiatives; policy implementation, use of processes and HR systems, employee engagement.
- Led and secured IIP (investors in people) accreditation.
- Led TUPE transfers both incoming and outgoing from tender to contract mobilisation, including preparation and collation of associated due diligence data.
- Organisational changes including restructure and redesign to include collective consultation.
- Policies and processes including the development, design, review and application.
- VictoriaAbbott@kenthr.co.uk 01622 776466 View LinkedIn profile
Victoria specialises in:
- Support in all aspects of employee relations
- Operational and strategic HR support
- The design, development and implementation of best practice HR solutions
- Advice on restructures, redundancies and TUPE transfers
- Coaching and advice
- Training needs analysis, design and delivery of training for employees and managers.
- Complex ER matters including investigations, disciplinary, grievance, performance management, capability for long term sickness and ill health